- Improperly applied felt
- Wrinkled underlayment
- Roof deck movement
- Spacers not used in between roof deck boards
- Poor roof ventilation
- New shingles applied over old, rough shingles
- Add ventilation to the attic space. The minimum requirement is one square foot of Net-Free Vent Area per 150 square feet of attic floor space.
- Allow moisture to escape the roofing system. This can be a slow process and could take until the following spring. Once the roofing system reaches the proper moisture content, the roof should lay flat and the buckling problem should not return.
- Remove the shingles that are affected, cut the wrinkle in the felt and replace the shingles.
- Consult the services of a professional. Make sure to apply shingles in accordance with the shingle manufacturer’s recommendations.
Exterior Energy Solutions Roofing. Get FREE ROOF EVALUATION